Adult Mental Health First Aid Training for Faculty & Staff
In today's challenging times for education, it's important to be able to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illnesses and substance abuse disorders in those we interact with on campus. That's why UHCL offers mental health first aid training for faculty and staff.
- Tuesday, Feb. 12, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (one-hour lunch break)
- Fridays, Feb. 22 and March 1, 8 a.m. to noon (must attend both)
- Monday, March 11, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (one-hour lunch)
- Tuesday, April 9, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (one-hour lunch)
- Fridays, May 10 and 17, 8 a.m. to noon (must attend both).
Locations can be found on the registration page.
This eight-hour training, which focuses on the unique experiences and needs of college students, will give you the skills you need to reach out and provide initial support to someone who may be developing a mental health or substance use problem and help connect them to the appropriate care.
Houston, TX 77058
Website: Click to Visit
Tuesday, February 12, 2019
Other Dates For This Event:View Series Overview
Contact:Dr. Cindy Cook